Difference between Boost148 and non-boost chainrings is in the offset/dish of the chainring itself only. You would use same crank in both boost and non-boost bikes, but chainring offset has to be different to accommodate chainstay clearance. Boost chainrings have only 3mm offset while non-boost ones 6mm.
Advantages of our special Direct mount chainrings:
- Finest design to provide excellent weight to strength ratio
- One of a kind special oval shape (Patent Pending)
- Unique Patent Pending narrow-wide teeth profiles to keep your chain in place for minimum 12 months!
- They save weight because they don't need the spider and chainring bolts.
- The ability of installation of a smaller ring sizes that can't be mounted on regular spider.
- Superb quality and great look.
- You will ride faster using ovals. If you keep using round ring then others will get quicker.
- You will not "feel" the oval shape at all
- Reduces stress on knees